PERFORMING & VISUAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIP
The Je’Caryous Johnson Foundation is a nonprofit organization, whose goal to inspire and enrich lives through the arts and scholarship. Accordingly, the foundation will award one $5,000.00 scholarship in the spring semester of the current academic school year to an active student, planning to pursue (a graduating high school senior) or (an undergraduate student) currently pursuing a college degree in a fine arts discipline.
This scholarship will be awarded to a student who has exhibited excellence in the performing and visual and who plans to continue their education in an arts related discipline.
This one-time, non-renewable award will be paid directly to the institution the recipient will attend. Funds will be applied to the student’s tuition costs only. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must complete the online application at jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org and upload all required documentation by midnight on January 31st. A committee will review all applications and the scholarship will be awarded based upon a rubric of pre-set criterion.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be an active undergraduate student or
- Be classified as a senior, graduating in the current school year
- Have a G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Complete the online application at jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org by the January 31st deadline
- Upload a copy of his or her official high school transcript
- Upload two letters of recommendation
- one from a current or former teacher (must be a non-relative)
- one from an arts instructor, mentor, sponsor, community leader or employer
(must be a nonrelative)
- Provide information related to participation in arts activities, extracurricular activities, organizations and/or community service
- Provide information related to accomplishments in the arts and/or any awards or recognitions he/she has earned
- Complete the required essay
THE APPLICANT AWARDED THIS SCHOLARSHIP MUST SUBMIT:
- A copy of their letter of acceptance from the academic institution he or she will attend in the subsequent academic year
- Documentation that indicates continued arts instruction (documentation of declared major, class schedule, etc.)
- The start date for classes and deadline for tuition payments
- The address, phone number and other related information for the Financial Affairs | Financial Aid Office at the school he or she will be attending
- Student ID number at the institution he or she will attend in the coming year to ensure that scholarship is applied to the tuition costs of the correct student
- Students may be asked to perform at the Foundation
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Failure to attend school within one year of the scholarship award date will result in a forfeit of all funds.
- Applicants who receive this award agree to have their image and a brief bio featured on jecaryousjohnsonfoundation.org